Food Scientist Regulatory Nutrition (Food Group – Caldwell, ID)
The J.R. Simplot Company is a diverse, privately held organization, with roots firmly planted in agriculture and agriculture-related businesses. These endeavors have been around for centuries and will continue to be a vital part of the global economy. We currently have a Food Scientist Regulatory Nutrition position available at the Technical Center in Caldwell, ID.
This Scientist primarily supports the Principal Scientist Regulatory Nutrition with additional support to Research and Development. This position reviews new and existing food product labels, responds to internal and external customer inquiries for nutrition and allergen information, and performs nutrition labeling software data-entry. They will also assist in the development and maintenance of an international regulations databank. Other responsibilities include: planning and executing new product and technology development, and improvements to existing products and processes within Food Group, including cost reduction projects. This position interfaces with Sales, Marketing, Operations, and Quality Assurance in making and fostering technical relationships with the company’s current and potential customers.
- Support the Principal Scientist Regulatory Nutrition and Research and Development.
- Participate in the cross functional review of all official formulas to confirm accuracy, support of all product claims and that all information for use in labeling is accurate and properly presented.
- Assist with label compliance, nutrition support, and regulatory support for Simplot businesses up to and including: foodservice, retail, joint venture, copack and international.
- Typical tasks include: Packaging graphics review. Ingredient data entry into Genesis SQL. Serving size household measure determination. Review of Marketing materials for compliance. Review of ingredients for international market compliance.
- Respond to customer inquiries and form completion requests.
- Research international food laws and regulations relevant to Simplot products.
- Bachelor’s Degree from 4 year college or university (Food Science or Nutrition Degree preferred)
- 5+ years related experience and/or training
How to Apply
• Apply through Employee Space to Job ID #2201
• Visit http://www.simplot.com/careers
• Select Job Search
• Select Professional Jobs
• Select All open positions
• Search Job ID # 2201
For best results, please upload your resume as a Microsoft Word or Adobe PDF document. This process includes additional job relevant questions, so plan on at least 20 minutes when you apply.
When a position is in the interview stage or has been filled, it will no longer appear on our Simplot Careers website. If you experience any technical difficulties when applying through our online system, please contact our Employment Center for assistance at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-877-878-7404.
***The J.R. Simplot Company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.***
For more information, please contact:
Recruiter- Food Group
J. R. Simplot Company
Tel. (208) 780-7241 | Cell. (208) 577-8705