Job Title: QA Manager
Job Location: Idaho
We are representing an established food processor based in Idaho who needs to hire a talented QA Manager to join their team. This position will be responsible to supervise and lead quality assurance technicians to ensure proper execution of all procedures to keep compliant with all safety and food safety regulations, quality standards, and legal requirements
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Monitor packaging quality performance against standards to ensure success of the daily packaging operations.
- Notify management of any production, safety, quality or environment concerns within the facility.
- Coordinate, schedule and track all product to packaging lines to meet scheduled Quality Assurance requirements.
- Continuously promote quality awareness and assists management with quality training programs.
- Ensure open and frequent communication and teamwork across all departments.
- Supervise and oversee QA technicians and Special Services group;.
- Interpret GMP, AIB, and FDA regulations, and confers with management or staff to determine quality and reliability standards.
- Manage routine department activities and assists Supervisor/Lead to control those activities.
- Create a team environment.
- Select products for tests at specified stages in production process, and tests products for variety of qualities such as dimensions, performance, flavor, color, breakage, and other characteristics.
- Conduct and present regular food safety and defense training with all plant team members (i.e. HACCP, GMP’s, etc.)
- Conduct regular internal food safety and defense audits to verify 1st Time Quality;
- Ensure that plant is tour and audit ready at all times.
- Take charge of customer and other regulatory plant audits.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Ability to motivate team efforts to accomplish goals.
- Well organized and able to manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously.
- Proficient PC skills in MS Office and database management.
- Able to perform the essential duties and responsibilities with efficiency and accuracy.
- Able to travel to all areas of the plant efficiently, including climbing stairs.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedural manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from leads, managers, and co-workers. Ability to solve practical problems and deals with variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in oral, diagram, or scheduled form.
|Compensation: 80-90K, Medical and Dental Health Insurance, 401K, Vacation, Sick Leave, Relocation Assistance.
To Apply: Please send resume to Jennifer Mazza
Or visit us on the web: www.producecareers.com Please note: Our services are confidential. Thank You.