The J.R. Simplot Company is a diverse, privately held organization with roots firmly planted in agriculture and agriculture-related businesses. These endeavors have been around for centuries and will continue to be a vital part of the global economy. We currently have a Microbiology Manager position available at our Food Group Tech Center in Caldwell, ID.
The Microbiology Manager is responsible for managing all aspects of the Food Group Microbiology Laboratory which provides laboratory support for the Simplot Idaho processing facility as well as fully supporting the overall Food Group Business. This position will effectively manage all Microbiologist positions which will involve supporting seven day per week coverage.
• Maintain laboratory practices and systems in accordance with ISO17025 requirements
• Motivate and provide training to Microbiologist workforce
• Manage workload priorities and schedule Microbiologists as appropriate
• Maintain and measure high level of customer satisfaction
• Support Microbiologist positions to meet business needs
• Review and approve analytical results
• Manage lab operating budget
• Conduct quality improvement initiatives
• Identify and assist in implementing continuous improvement processes
• Master’s degree in microbiology or biotechnology field preferred
• Eight plus years’ experience in laboratory or associated environments
• Exposure to ISO17025, laboratory auditing and laboratory quality control programs
• Demonstrated managerial and training experience
• A combination of education and experience will be considered
HOW TO APPLY
Apply through Employee Space to Job ID #1838
• Visit http://www.simplot.com/careers
• Select Job Search
• Select Current Opportunities
• Select All Open Positions
• Apply to Job #1838
Please prepare a cover letter outlining your interest and qualifications and submit with your resume via our online application process described above. For best results, please upload your resume as a Microsoft Word or Adobe PDF document. This process includes additional job relevant questions, so plan on at least 20 minutes when you apply.
Please Note: When a position is in the interview stage or has been filled, it will no longer appear on our Simplot Careers website. If you experience difficulty applying, please contact our Employment Center for assistance at email@example.com. We greatly appreciate your interest.
*The J.R. Simplot Company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer*