Plant Manager, Idaho Falls, ID (Food Industry)
Oversees, directs, and monitors plant manufacturing and associated support activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversees development of the plant budget (fixed and variable costs) and capital plan (infrastructure) to support the company business plan. Facilitate the efficient use of raw materials in the conversion to finished goods for our customers. Manages facility manufacturing organization through support of shift supervision on a day to day basis. Directs functional support groups as necessary to meet manufacturing objectives. Oversees development, implementation and sustainability of process improvements and enhancements to reduce costs.
- Monitors manufacturing and supporting processes to ensure products are delivered on time at the lowest total cost by conforming exactly to the customer’s requirements. Provides appropriate customer support as requested.
- Directs plant safety programs. Ensures a safe working environment for all employees. Monitors safety performance and assures compliance with established policies, procedures and goals. Achieves high levels of product safety by compliance to all applicable Federal and State laws and statues, Company policies and customer requirements. Models the way with regard to performing safety observations on a regular basis.
- Establishes a working environment that allows employees every opportunity to reach their potential. Directs all related activities for Shift Superintendents and hourly employees including employee selection, appraisals and development plans, counseling and motivation, and compensation for direct reports. Ensures a proactive approach to training and developing employees is consistently followed.
- Oversees development, operation and enhancement of processes that protect the land, environment, and natural resources. Assures compliance with all applicable company policy, as well as federal, state, and local regulations.
- Supports the local community through contributions that have a meaningful impact on the welfare of its citizens. Maintains an active and positive presence in the community and encourages the involvement of other employees in community and political activities.
Must maintain the highest standards of ethics and integrity while embodying the tenets of “What We Stand For” and “The Basic Principles.”
Must maintain the highest standards of data management by creating consistent, reliable data which will ensure accuracy and in turn, maximize the use of data and confidence in decision-making.
Proactively manage safety by ensuring compliance with all Federal and State regulations and internal Company policies. Regularly complete behavior based safety observations. Ensure unsafe conditions are corrected in a timely manner.
All employees are responsible for upholding the principles of SQF 2000.
A trained designee will be appointed by management to cover for absences and vacancies
All employees are responsible for immediately reporting any food safety, food quality or plant security issues to management for appropriate action.
Other duties may be assigned.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor of Science degree preferably in engineering and eight to ten years of experience with a minimum of five years leadership in a manufacturing environment.
Ability to read, comprehend, and compose simple to complex instructions, correspondence, and memos. Ability to effectively present information verbally in one-on-one to large group (20+) situations at all levels of the organization. Ability to effectively facilitate meetings.
Ability to creatively apply experience and common sense to a variety of situations, processes and people. Ability to make technical decisions and support others team members on technical issues. Ability to manage many projects concurrently. Ability to recognize areas for improvement and motivate others to take action to correct problems.
Strong computer skills for effective use of planning software tools and the Microsoft Office suite.
The individual must be capable of carrying up to 25lbs while traveling. This position requires 10-25% travel.
The employee is regularly in a traditional office environment in a production facility. However, while performing the duties of this job, the employee may also be near moving mechanical equipment and may be regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The employee may occasionally access high, precarious places and may be occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and extreme heat. The noise level may be loud at times, requiring hearing protection. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Send Replies to
Connie Dorigan Condor1@dorigan.com
Please send your Resume as a Word.doc with the title of the position in the subject line.